Hi I’m Eddie Flinn from Tradmrkd
- Would you guys please introduce yourselves and explain your role in the band?
We are Tradmrkd and we are a 4 piece from Aberdeen, in the north east of Scotland. The band is made up by: Eddie Flinn, on vocals; Finlay Cardno, on bass; James Riddoch, on drums; and Corey Finnie, on lead guitar.
2. Where did you guys meet and how did you form this band?
The original members of the band are Eddie and Finlay. They began the band back in 2014, just to mess about with their other mate. They were in the same year at school. In 2018, they decided that they wanted to try and take the band further, so they looked for a new line up. That is when Corey and James came in. Corey we knew through mutual friends as he was a year above Finlay and Eddie at school. They bumped into each other on a night out and started talking. James went to college with Finlay and was the only decent drummer we knew of.
3. What kind of music do you make or would like to make in the future?
We are a punk band. More focused on pop punk than the others. The best way to describe our sound is, similar to 90s Green Day. I think in the future we will lead more into rock and roll type music but pop punk gives a good foundation to place ourselves upon.
4. What do you enjoy the most about the process of making music together?
The one thing i enjoy most about the music making process is, when the song just spews out of you. It all seems to come naturally. It is one the better feelings, there is no stress. The song just feels natural and i think you can tell in the music itself that it came out naturally.
5. What are some of your favourite themes to explore through your music?
Although I do write about love, its not my favourite theme to explore. I think, for me, my favourite theme is adolescence. Lyrics about adolescence and growing up seem to come out easier than in a love song for me. I also like exploring random things. Like normal day to day things, like being clumsy for example.
6. Who are some artists that you love or who you’d say has had a huge influence on your work?
For me, song writing wise and wanting to play music, Green Day was undoubtedly my biggest influence. It all began when i was 6 when I saw the American Idiot poster. My curiosity brought me into the world of Green Day, of which I have never left since. Without Green Day, I wouldn’t be doing music and if i was, my songs would be completely different.
7. Where can someone looking for your music, find it?
You can get all our released demos from our SoundCloud; Tradmrkd. We are also releasing our songs on YouTube. You will find our channel if you search, Tradmrkd band.
8. What’s your favourite part about touring/ doing live performances?
Getting to see different places and just the straight up buzz you get when you are on stage. Nothing beats playing live. When the adrenaline kicks in, you never want to come off. That is another great thing about touring, once you finish one gig the next one isn’t a long wait away.
9. What kind of message would you like to give your fans, through your music?
I don’t intentionally try to deliver messages through my songs. I just write what I like hearing. I like giving deep meanings in my songs and leaving room for interpretation from the listener, so they can have their own connection with the song.
10. Where do you guys see yourselves in the future, or what are you future plans for the band?
We hope to have an EP out by the end of 2020. That is goal 1. For other goals, it is just to play as many shows as possible and to grow our community as much as we can. To stay up to date with what we are up to, follow our socials.